9.11.2010

Janice + Thang | NOVA 535 | Tampa Wedding

I went down to Florida to attend my cousin's wedding as guest, but also makeup artist and being a third photographer in between. Let me tell you that that was one hectic day, between making the girls beautiful, but yet making sure I don't miss a moment of Janice's wedding. I was definitely all over the place and had to remember to breathe several times just to calm my nerves down and I wasn't even the bride! =P

It was a lovely wedding and there was some indication of rain for the day. It held out till afternoon sprinkling here and there but overall did not ruin the event. The day started off with a traditional chinese/vietnamese ceremony with groomsmen carrying trays of wrapped gifts over to bride's place. Some introductions took place while the bride's dad went to bring her out to stand next to groom and ceremony began. Then everyone traveled to the groom's place and the same ceremony repeated for the groom's side of the family to celebrate.
IMG_0076
IMG_0070
IMG_0108
IMG_0141
IMG_0287
IMG_0234
IMG_0243


While everyone was done with lunch and rest for the evening reception, I grabbed the bride and groom for some portrait session, but first did a quick updo for Janice. It was a pretty funny session to say the least, since Janice alone loves to joke around. However, I was still able to get some serious photos from them. =P
IMG_0351
IMG_0394
IMG_0398
IMG_0330


Then it was time for the evening portion of the day for the traditional American ceremony to start. The venue was at Nova 535 - gorgeous venue that featured artwork from local artists around the area. The details that went into the reception were apparent and alot of hard work went into it.

IMG_0447
IMG_0449

My sister did the programs as well as the place cards.
I thought they came out beautifully!
IMG_0461
IMG_0471

And of course, the ring shot
IMG_0462
IMG_0567
IMG_0618
IMG_0615
IMG_0617
IMG_0645
IMG_0738
IMG_0433
IMG_0820
IMG_0822


That wraps it up! There were a ton of pictures, but then again, the day started at 6am and didn't end until midnight. I hoped you enjoyed the wedding as much as I did! Congrats to Janice + Thang! Have an awesome honeymoon in Hawaii.

1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

GORGEOUS!! NOVA 535 Unique Event Space was delighted to host this gorgeous, fun, unique, beautiful wedding ceremony & reception for Janice & Thang! We LOVE meeting new brides and grooms when as they are as unique as we are. And Melanie Yu's photos are SPECTACULAR!! :_D
http://www.NOVA535.com

Post a Comment

 
© MYU Photography